Friday, January 27, 2012

Hey Baby, What's Your Numba

It is beyond frustrating to me that today's society seems to view beauty as a thing that only comes in a size 2, an idea that I couldn't agree less with.  It is my belief that beauty comes in every shape and size, not just toothpick-sized Amazon women.... Marilyn Monroe was a size 12 you know.  I find beauty in a woman's curves, scars, quirks..... it is our differences that make us all so beautiful.  I am proud to say that I am 5'5 and 135 pounds, very "average" for my size, and that I am beyond thrilled with who- and how- I am.  I do not long to look like a supermodel, or even the girl next to me in line at Starbucks.   Imagine how boring it would be if we all looked the same!  Whether you are a God-given size 2 or 12, it is important to love your body and appreciate how good it is to you, don't punish it because it is not what society tells you is "beautiful".  Gorgeous women come in every size and shape, they have scars and stretch marks, they are unique individuals with a beauty that is entirely their own.  It is my opinion that we as a culture really need to redefine what beauty means, and learn to appreciate the beauty of our differences.  Look at these women and tell me that beauty only comes in a size 2!




Marilyn Monroe

Crystal Renn


Christina Hendricks

No comments:

Post a Comment