Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Kappa Kappa Gamma Cutie Pies


Never in a million years did I ever thing I would say this but here it goes.... I miss Rush. No, not the band from the late 80s/early 90s, but the kind that happens every year within the Greek System.  I remember when I was a freshman at Ole Miss going through rush, I was absolutely terrified. Between the gorgeous girls, palatial houses, and ear-splitting chants, I felt like I was going to have a heart attack at every rotation. I know that a lot of people who read this are saying "yea, yea, yea, that is rush in general", but I can assure you that after being at both ends of the rush whirlwind that Ole Miss' rush is by far the most intense thing you will ever experience.  For the entire week I witnessed my dorm neighbors with their various stylists and makeup artists going to and fro in the hopes of securing a bid from the house of their dreams.  The whole week was a blur, and all that I can really remember is crying myself to sleep and praying to God that I did not get released.  Like many girls in Oxford, I knew where I wanted to be before the process even began, and I would have died on the spot had I been cut from my dream house.  After an emotional roller coaster of a week it was bid day.  I remember shaking as I opened my bid card just to find out that I got it, that I was a Kappa Kappa Gamma!  Immediately I took off, plowing through the crowd in an effort to make my way to sorority row for what has come to be known as "The Running of the Girls" and to make my way to my new home away from home.  As soon as I cleared the crowd I was greeted by a hoard of cheering Kappas and my best friend, and soon to be Big Sis, from high school.  Going Kappa was the best choice of my college career because in it I was able to meet the world's most amazing girls who have stuck by me through thick and thin.  I have the most amazing friends in the world, and I am beyond words blessed to be able to them "sister".  GO KAPPA!

KKG Seniors @ Bid Day 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment