Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Let's Do The Time Warp Again.... and again!

!LET'S DO THE TIME WARP!
So, I know this may seem random given the previous post but I find it to be completely necessary.  Recently I turned my roomie over to the dark side by exposing her to the cult phenomenon that is Rocky Horror Picture Show.  Ever since I can remember this has been one of my favorite movies for so many reasons; the music, the tranny-ness, oozes sexuality, promotoes individuality, and the excessive use of everything that sparkles.  However, I realize that not everyone feels this same way, which is fine, but for those of you who are Rocky Virgins " I would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey" about" some insects, called the human race. Lost in time, and lost in space".  

The Rocky Horror Picture Show first came out in 1975 and consisted of a cast of up and coming actors and actresses who would hold a place in the Hollywood limelight for decades to come.  The first of these is Susan Sarandon in the role of Janet, the doe-eyed virgin who had "only ever kissed before".  The second is Barry Bostwick, who, among other roles, portrays the mayor on Spin City.  Barry is Brad, Janet's betrothed.  Lastly is my main man Tim Curry in the role of a lifetime as Dr. Frankenfurter, the "sweet transvestite from transsexual Transylvania".  O, and did I mention that Meatloaf, yes the very one, also make a cameo?










This movie is amazing anyway you watch it, but it is even more fun if you are fortunate enough to be in  a city that does a midnight screening of the show.  However, this is not your typical screening…. If you think people dress up and go crazy for Harry Potter and Twilight you ain’t seen NOTHING.  Not only do people dress up as the eccentric characters that they have come to love so much, but they live out the fantasy of Rocky Horror while acting from their seasts or even alongside the movie while up on stage.  This website is a “Rocky Horror Picture Show” for dummies if you will, and it gives a pretty good overview of what to expect if you are brave enough to attend! The Virgins Guide to Rocky Horror Picture Show

And one final thing: The Time Warp.  Now, I am not saying that I am a good dancer because that would be a lie, but a basic understanding of this iconic dance is a must for any Rocky Horror Picture Show go-er.  It is very simple, so don’t fret!


Still aren't getting it? Its so very simple, try again... How to do The Time Warp

(see the girl in head to toe Sequins? Thats Columbia, and my Halloween costume... and yes, I know the whole tap routine, I have since I was 6 or 7.  I told you I was hardcore didn't I!)

Hope you enjoyed the break down and that you are intrigued/disgusted enough to go and see this amazing movie for yourself! Hope you have an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment