Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fall In Love With My Fall Obsessions

Fall in love with my Fall OBSESSIONS!

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I LOVE Fall! I love everything about it, from the cool breeze to the turning of the leaves, I think it is fabulous in every way! That being said I would like to share my favorite things about this faboosh season!

OBSESSION #1: DARK NAIL POLISH
- Dark nail polish is hands down (pun intended) my favorite part of Fall.  Once September 22nd hits, I find myself rummaging through my stash like a little kid tearing through presents Christmas morning.  Here are my current obsessions...
Midnight in Moscow by O.P.I
Mad as a Hatter by O.P.I
Midnight in Moscow is my new obsession, I cannot say enough about how awesome it is.  Its such a glorious dark red that it almost looks black, I affectionately refer to my bottle as "Dark Cherry".  Mad as a Hatter is a tried and true color if there ever was one. I know that a ton of people get real skittish when glitter becomes involved, but fear not!  This color is amazing on its own, as shown above, and it spices up any other color when layered on top!  I first saw this color on one of my sorority sisters when I was in the Kappa house and I fell HARD.  I immediately started calling around Oxford to get my hot little hands on a bottle just to find out that it was sold out everywhere!  Finally, the Mother Teresa of the salon scene took pity on me and told me that she had been holding out on me and that there was one bottle left and I knew that I would make it mine.  Long story short, I'm obsessed with it and it's damn near impossible to find

OBSESSION #2: LEGGINGS, JEGGINGS & TIGHTS
- Anyone who knows me is well aware of my love affair with these fabulous 80s throwbacks! I adore my Under Armour leggings with a baggy T for a run in the park, my ankle zip jeggings (jeans+leggings) with a slouchy sweater and boots for dinner with a gentleman caller, and even these funky bejeweled guys under a great body-skimming dress for a fun night out.  American Apparel has an amazing selection of leggings and tights, as does Forever 21.  All in all, leggings are the Fashion God's gift to women, can I get an Amen?

http://www.piercemattiepublicrelations.com/jewelrypr/swarovski_crystals/
OBSESSION # 3: BOOTS 
- When it comes to shoes, I do not discriminate.  I love them in every shape, size, and color.  I could rant for days on my love for mile-high heels or my sick perversion with anything studded, but I am going to spare you the lusty details.  However, I am more than happy to talk boots!  I just got the most fabulous pair of boots from Urban Outfitters the other day, they were only $68 and they go with everything!

This is them!
WAITTTTTTTT, I lied, one more thing... I am obsessed with the new clog/sling-back/platform/heel trend.  I recently bought a pair that I have fallen for, HARD.  If I had a boyfriend, I would leave him for these shoes.



OBSESSION #4:  CHUNKY SWEATERS
- I love nothing more than mixing the aforementioned obsessions (jeggings and slouchy boots) with a chunk-a-doodle sweater!  Anthropologie has amazing not-your-grandma's sweaters, but they can get expensive so I would highly advise checking out their sale rack whenever the opportunity arises, Urban Outfitters is a slam dunk too!  
Lady's Choice Cardigan $49.95
at Anthropologie.com
OBSESSION #5: BEARDS
- Okay, I know this one sounds weird, but anyone who knows me knows my love for hairy, Paul Bunyon-eque men.  Some girls find hairy men to gross, but in my book there is nothing sexier.  I think it is this whole "Me gonna club you over the head, throw you on my shoulder, and drag you back to my love cave" fascination that i have.... Anywhooooo, with this knowledge, #5 should be no surprise.  This may seem off the mark considering the aforementioned are all fashion related, but just consider this mountain man to be the finishing touch!  Just picture it, a chilly night and you're decked out in your fall staples of jeggings paired with a fabulous chunky sweater rocking slouchy boots and some devilishly dark nails with this sexy stud on your arm.  Can you say Fall Fantasy? You can answer me... once you get your jaw off of the floor.
Javier Bardem's sexiness is just not fair...
There are so many more things that I love about this amazing season that I could truly go on forever, but I will be nice and save you the eye-straining pain of reading about all of them.  Well, with that being said I would like to leave you with a few parting words....

   HOTTY TODDY, GO GET 'EM REBS!





No comments:

Post a Comment