Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins

Chocolate chip ZUCCHINI muffins


Its a Wednesday night. Ryan is working.  Im not working or in class.  All my stories are repeats. What is a girl to do besides...... BAKE!  I love Elinor Klivans' "The Essential Chocolate Chip Cookbook" for a few reasons:
Reason #1: It has pictures of what more of the sweet treats are supposed to turn out like
Reason #2: It has easy to follow directions that are a godsend for those who get overwhelmed after 7 ingredients
Reason #3: EVERY SINGLE recipe has.....wait for it.... CHOCOLATE CHIPS

If you're not sold for these reasons, please allow me to continue. This book has so many amazing chocolate-based recipes such as coffee and white chocolate chip blondies, chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake bars, strawberry and white chocolate chip cheesecake and tonight's experiement, Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins.  So far I have tried out half of a dozen recipes from this gem and I have not been disappointed.  I strayed away from my usual chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake and opted for tonight's experiment because zucchini just so happens to be in season and I figure that if I'm going to give this recipe a shot I better go at it with the best possible ingredients. So here I stand with batter on my shirt and flour on the floor, eager to see how these bad boys turn out. My timer is showing 3 minutes and counting, let's get it going. 
(2 minutes later)... The verdict is in, and they are delicious!


Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
*Makes 12
*Mixing Time: 5 Minutes
*Bake @350 for 20-25 minutes

You will need
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn or canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup finely chopped zucchini
3/4 cup coarsley chopped walnuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (...don't be stingey on these)

Step #1: Chop up zucchini
Step #2: Line 12 muffin cups with nonstick spray
Step #3: Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together in a medium sized bowl
Step #4: In a large bowl whisk the eggs and sugar until blended smoothly. Then whisk in the vanilla and oil until blended.  Use a large spoon to stir in the flower mixture from Step #3 until it is evenly incorporated.  Then stir in the zucchini, walnuts and chocolate chips
Step #5: Fill up the muffin cups about 3/4 of the way
Step #6: Pop into the oven until the tops are light brown and a toothpick comes out clean. 
Step #7: Cool the muffins in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes
Step #8: ENJOYYYYYY





in recent news, I just whipped up a batch of Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies with walnuts and they are delish, and unhealthy. But delicious all the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment