Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Beer- For More Than Just Getting Drunk

Beer- For More Than Just Getting Drunk... who knew?
Before working at Blanc, I thought that I knew beer.  However, after 3 weeks on the job I have come to find just how feeble my brew knowledge really is.  After seeing this, I decided to take it upon myself (and Ryan) to slowly work my way through the extensive beer list one name-that-I-can't-pronounce at a time.  After a hot tip, I found myself at World Market staring at a 15 foot tall wall of beer desperately hoping for some form of divine intervention to help me choose. Should I get a stout or should I get an IPA? Or maybe I should throw everyone for a loop and get a fruit beer.  Just as I was about to go cross-eyed, my prayers were answered: Build Your Own 6 Pack.  After the Hallelujah chorus subsided I pulled out my beer list and started pulling the following:  Spaten Optimator, Warsteiner Premium Dunkel, Xingu, Left Hand Milk Stout, Guinness.  After gathering the previously mentioned A-Team I also decided on a 4-pack of Boulevard Sixth Glass.  $29 worth of beer later I found myself leaving World Market, entirely too proud of myself.  I'm excited to try these brews, especially since I have never had any to them, and to hopefully become a little more knowledgeable in the process.  

No comments:

Post a Comment