Sunday, September 9, 2012

Detox Smoothies

While Ryan has been away on his African safari I have made it a point to get in my fruits and veggies.  I'll be honest and tell you that I don't like eating fruit, not because of how it tastes, but I don't like biting into it. Yes, I know that this is weird. And as far as veggies are concerned, I don't want them unless they are smothered in ranch.... So, in an effort to still get in my daily servings I have started to make myself smoothies in the morning for breakfast.  I found a few recipes on Pinterest and have been trying them out this week.  The servings are a bit small to fill you up, so I would recommend doubling up on ingredients.  Here are the 2 that I've been testing out this week! I know that it sounds weird to put an avocado in a smoothie but just go with it, you cannot even taste it!

*Silky Mango*

  • 1/4 cup mango cubes
  • 1/4 cup avocado
  • 1/2 cup of orange juice
  • 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice (less is more)
Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.

*Brain health blueberry dream*

  • 1 cup of unsweetened frozen blueberries, thawed
  • 1 small banana
  • 1 tbsp of cold-pressed flaxseed oil or processed flaxseed
  • splash of orange juice
Combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment