Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What Would You Do With $5,000?

I simply do not understand why people on What Not To Wear complain about having to go shopping.  If someone came up to me and said "Hey, Quinn! Here is $5,000 to go shopping and get yourself a brand new wardrobe" I would think that I had died and gone to heaven.  This has gotten me thinking about items that I would like to have, but cannot necessarily afford on my broke-as-hell-grad-student budget.  As someone who is a little clothes/shoes/purse obsessed, I die for so many designer duds, but often I have to make due with finding their thriftier counterparts.  I prefer to skimp on "trendy" items (sequined dresses, studded heels, etc...) and choose to splurge on staples like a classic bag (LV, Chanel, Kate Spade, etc...) and a great pair of Italian leather riding boots.  I think that it is because of my shopping mantra that I am able to put together a ton of great "Designer Inspired" looks for a helluva lot less but still look like one rich bitch. But back to what I was talking about before I got sidetracked, what would I buy if I had an extra $5,000 that had to be spent on wardrobe? I would want to buy things that are classic and chic, things that are in style now and will be in style 20 years from now. Here are a few things that come to mind....

First thing is first, I have been yearning and pining for this Louis Vuitton "Delightful Monogram PM" but with a price tag of $890 I definitely cannot afford it right now.... or ever probably




The second thing I would buy would have to be these Tory Burch "Reva" ballet flats in a few different colors. With a price tag ranging from $195 upwards I would get these in 2 colors: "Tumbled Leather Bleach", "Black w/ Gold Decal"..... I would also buy a pair of "Amy" pumps for $250


So let's check in with how we are doing with our cash money$
$5,000- 890= $4,100-642= $3,458 left!!!!

I would also buy a Burberry "Giant Check Cashmere" scarf in "Camel" for $275


M Missoni "Window Pane Stripe Coat" for $795... So.Damn.Chic.

Let's see, we have spent $2,612 so we haveeee $2,388, hooray!


 M Missoni "Zigzag Stripe Tank Dress" ( $695) is a classic.  No doubt that it will be forever in style!



Next up is something that I have been searching for for quite a while, but currently I cannot find anyone who is selling them.  I would die and die again if I got my hands on a pair of Gucci Bamboo Ballerina flats for around $450
 I would also buy a few great pairs of jeans, right now I am loving Seven's "Roxanne Skinny Rise" jeans ($155

(granted my ass is 10x this big)
Alright, I have $1088 left and I can think of nothing I would rather spend this money on than a gorgeous piece of jewelry... or two. I am a huge fan of David Yurman, I feel that these pieces are so chic and so timeless, and the two-tone metal makes them super easy to wear! Loving these "Blue Topaz Albion" earrings for $575

I would also go ahead and get these Elsa Peretti "Diamonds by the Yard" earrings for $485

Alrighty, so I have purchased:
 1 Louis Vuitton "Delightful Monogram PM" purse for $890
 2 pairs of earrings (1 pair of David Yurman and 1 pair of Tiffany and Co) for $575 and $485 respectively
4 pairs of shoes (3 pairs of Tory Burch and 1 pair of Gucci) for $195, $195, $250 and $450 respectively
 1 pair of Seven jeans for $155
 1 M Missoni jacket for $795
 1 Burberry scarf for $275 
1 M Missoni dress for $695
 This makes for a grand total of $4,960 which leaves me with $40 in my pocket.  This extra cash is going to go towards lunch, because I don't know about you, but shopping until you drop leaves you utterly famished! 

What do you think about what I got? What would YOU buy if the opportunity presented itself? Let me know what you think!!



No comments:

Post a Comment