Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Monster Pumpkin

I would like to preface this post by pointing out that I never in my life claimed to be an artist, or even the least bit artistic, so go easy on me! Ever since our dog, Gus, was a little monster Ryan always said that he had "bat ears", which is completely true. So, when the time came to figure out what to carve on our pumpkin the idea of Gus's "bat ears" popped into my head and I became inspired.  I decided to turn out "bat ear" dog into a bat-dog, and being that I quickly forget so many of my ideas I quickly sat down to sketch out an idea.  A few minutes and a ton of wadded pieces of paper later I had completed my drawing, I was thrilled with myself. I quickly e-mailed a picture of my sketch to Ryan, an e-mail to which his only response was "you're crazy".

Tracing my sketch onto the pumpkin was not difficult at all, but me, a pumpkin carving virgin, was more worried about how it would look once I had a knife in hand. I must say that the end product turned out a lot better than I was expecting (primarily because I managed to keep all my digits in tact) and the pumpkin actually resembles my sketch! Here are a few pictures of my artistic venture, go me!






Hope everyone has a very scary Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment