Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Up North 2012

Up North at Platte Lake 2012



I'll be honest, when I go a long time without paying attention to my blog I feel like I am neglecting a small electronic child... like a Giga Pet or a Tomagatchi (you 90's babies remember these, right?!).  Anywho, I'm sorry and I will try to do better. Forgive me? I knew you would (air kisses). 


You haven't been missing a hell of a lot, just class and internship stuff with some work sprinkled in between.  However, I have been neglecting to share details and pictures of a very wonderful vacation Up North. So, a few weeks ago Ryan and I drove up to Platte Lake Michigan to spend the week with his family at his grandmother's lake house.  I pride myself as a water baby, a connoisseur (its French, google it) of sorts, but this and the surrounding lakes were unlike anything I have ever seen.  Every single one of the nearby lakes were ice blue and had the most beautiful water I have ever see and NO SHARKS FOR MILES! If you have never been to Lake Michigan or any of the surrounding Michigan lakes I highly suggest that you do, their beauty will knock your Rainbows right off! We did so much on this trip that I cannot even begin to relate all of the details, but to share a few we:


Went kayaking with Gus

Visited light houses on the shores of Lake Michigan

Saw gorgeous sunsets
Ryan's baby sister, Callie, and I
Ryan's amazing family
Ryan, Monster, and I
Hiked the Sleeping Bear Dunes


At the end of the dune walk was Lake Michigan!

Rode on boats



Hiked and hung out with Ryan's extended family

Ignore Ryan's nasty cut off shirt, he is only allowed to wear it when doing yard work

Lake Michigan, again, in the background


We also went tubing down a river that spit us out into Lake Michigan, but taking a camera on a booze float was not a good idea.... Overall it was an amazing trip, definitely one that I will never forget.  I must say that the idea of a big family is growing on my the more time that I spend with Ryan and his enormously populous family. They're wonderful and I am really grateful that I got to spend a full week with them!






No comments:

Post a Comment