Monday, July 30, 2012

We're Getting Married!

We're Getting Married!


So much has been going on, but one thing in particular that I feel is extra special and worth mentioning.... Ryan proposed!  So how did he do it, here are the details!  Friday night two of our friends were having a house warming party so Ryan and my friends came over to meet us at our house so that we could carpool to the housewarming.  One of our friends informed us that he needed to take some pictures down on the Kansas City Plaza for a recruitment video for work, so we decided to head down there first to take pictures.  We spent 30 minutes or so taking pictures of the fountains and walking around before we headed towards the J.C. Nichols fountain for our last photo op before heading out.  After we took a picture of our friend, he said "hey, let's get a picture of you and Ryan".  So we walked over to the fountain and Ryan insisted that I stand on his right so he could display his "good side", which is silly because both sides are his good side. So anyways, we took a picture, totally hamming it up when our friend said "hey Quinn, lets do one without the sunglasses".  So, being the loving girlfriend that I am, I put my glasses on top of my head to pose for the next picture.  I turned to my left and Ryan was not standing there, so I look down and there he is on his knee with the most amazing look on his face.  I have always known that Ryan loved me, but to see him looking at me that way with a look of pure happiness and excitement was the best feeling ever. So he's on his knees and the first words out of my mouth are "ooooooh shit", romantic, eh? Looking at me he says something along the lines of "I'm sorry it took so long, but I love you and cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you, will you marry me?" and of course I said YES! You may be reading this and saying "something along the lines of, what do you mean?!?!", this is what I mean, I was so emotionally overwhelmed that I had an emotional black out.  They sound like some bogus thing I made up, but I decided that they are real, so there. We're aiming to get married in mid-April/early May 2013, so we have a lot of planing to do... just add it to our already huge piles of obligation and that makes for a really busy next 9 months!  It is going to be a crazy few months, but I am over the moon about being able to pledge my love and my life to the love of my life, I could not have found anyone better suited for me if I tried!  Here are some stills that we managed to wrangle out of the video (yes, our friend who was taking pictures took pictures of the whole thing), enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment