Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful!

It is my personal belief that we need to be thankful for everything in our life, big and small.  If we only give thanks for the big things, we are going to overlook the everyday miracles that come our way.  So, in light of Thanksgiving and the holidays I thought I would dedicate this post to things I am thankful for!


*I am thankful for my crazy and dysfunctional family and how they always make me laugh
*I am thankful for friends who have held my hand through both the good and bad
*I am thankful for a boyfriend who has somehow managed to love and accept me, good and bad, just the way I am and make me feel more loved than I ever thought was possible
*I am thankful for a dog who is funny as hell and always puts a smile on my face
*I am thankful for my health and the health of those I love
*I am thankful for my education and the opportunity to have one
*I am thankful for those I have lost and the opportunity to have known and loved such amazing people
*I am thankful for the men and women serving our country and how they are willing to risk everything to protect people they will never even meet


Instead of focusing on what we don't have, lets show a little love for all that we do have. 


"The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but the thankful heart will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings"
-Henry Ward Beecher


No comments:

Post a Comment