Monday, November 14, 2011

Lost Favorite

I love poetry. I managed to get English as a second major in college, purely do to the obscene amount of poetry classes that I took.  I was fortunate enough to work side by side with some wonderful poets, both in and out of lecture, and this is a gift that I am extremely grateful for.  Anyways, the reason for this post is that I stumbled across one of my favorite poems that I had forgotten all about. I wish I could take credit for this, but in fact I cannot, praise goes to Robert Frost.  This excerpt is from "Black Cottage" and speaks to, what I feel to be, an amazing universal truth.  The poem is amazing, but this bit is exceptionally amazing, I hope it strikes you all in the way that it struck me so many years ago


For, dear me, why abandon a belief
Merely because it ceases to be true.
Cling to it long enough, and not a doubt
It will turn true again, for so it goes.
Most of the change we think we see in life
Is due to truths being in and out of favour.



...indeed

No comments:

Post a Comment