Saturday, October 8, 2011

Just Be YOU


I ran across this picture on a friend's Facebook today and I felt compelled to share.  This picture is showing how the standard of beauty has gone from the idolization of a curvy Marilyn Monroe to an apparently overworked (and underfed) Kate Bosworth-esque lady. I am by no means saying that there is anything wrong with being naturally small, but it makes me so sad to think that people are harming themselves trying to fit into a size "0" because some corporate dickwad says that it is more attractive. You know what I think? SCREW HIM. No, not sexually, but metaphorically....My point isn't to hate on anyone, but rather to encourage everyone to love the body they have, big and small, and to be HEALTHY. Ladies and Gentlemen, I encourage, implore, and beg you to love yourselves and your bodies and to thank every scar, bruise, and dimple on that hot bod for making you who you are!


"To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance" 
  -Oscar Wilde


No comments:

Post a Comment