Wednesday, October 19, 2011

3 Years

As you know if you have ever read anything that I have written, I am a big believer in the power of perception.  3 years ago today, my mom passed away of lung cancer, just 2 days shy of her 54th birthday. At the time I was devastated  and I still am to an extent, but it is something that I am dealing with.  Instead of spending today crying and feeling sorry for myself, I am choosing to have a good day and celebrate my mom and all of her awesomeness by having a "date" with her.  My mom was OBSESSED with Johnny Depp and the Pirates of the Caribbean series, so Ryan and I are going to watch the newest movie.  This is a small thing, but it is something that allows me to feel close to my mom during a time when I am reminded of just how far away she really is. I miss my mom, but I am so thankful for all of the time I got to spend with her.  So despite how you may feel about certain people in your life, I encourage you to be thankful that you still have them. It is crazy the things that you begin to miss after they are gone, but I guess that is just the way it goes sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment