Saturday, July 16, 2011

Me and Harry

I saw the final installment of Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows yesterday, and I must say that I'm in a weird place.  The movie was amazing, but it was something more than that... I feel like I'm ending a 10 year (and entirely one sided) relationship.  I remember when I was in 6th grade at St. Paul's Catholic School and the book was banned because coo-coo principal thought that the witchcraft was "blasphemy".  In the years following, I made it a point to read every book and attend as many openings as I could.  I am especially fond of the memory I have of my mom and I going to see Chamber of Secrets and her falling head-over-heels in love with Doby the house elf.  Needless to say that I have numerous other memories, but this one is among my favorite.  All in all, I feel like Harry and I were in a 10 year relationship without ever even getting to second base, and I am forever to be left constantly wanting more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment